Reston Hospital Center is Growing!
Reston Hospital Center's $40 Million Expansion
In 2012 Reston Hospital Center began a $40 million, multi-phased expansion as the next phase of our master plan. The expansion includes:
- An 180,000 square foot, LEED certified medical office building — Completed!
- Relocation of imaging services to an updated and expanded space — Completed!
- An updated and expanded lobby to create a seamless entry to Pavilion I, Pavilion II, surgical discharge and outpatient testing
- An expanded pre-op department - from 19 to 34 rooms — Completed!
- An expanded surgical recovery from - 11 to 30 rooms — Completed!
- Four additional operating rooms
Additional Expansion and Renovation
In addition to the above, we are investing more than $1 million to renovate our emergency room. This renovation includes:
- The addition of a pediatric ER for care specific to children
- A facelift for all of the existing 30 exam rooms for the increased comfort of our patients
- Conversion to a bedside registration process so patients get to a room and treated more quickly
Learn more about the advanced quality care and technology already offered in our emergency room.
We are also currently remodeling our hospital cafeteria to improve the overall experience for our visitors and staff. The remodeled cafeteria will feature:
- Laminate flooring for easy cleaning
- Wood paneling on the walls to protect from dings
- All new seating, including mobile benches and tables
- Additional seating at a bar in front of the windows with charging stations
Finally, our parent company, HCA Virginia Health System, is expanding the HCA footprint into Loudoun County with the construction of StoneSprings Hospital Center. This 124-bed facility will be the first new hospital in Loudoun County in more than 100 years.
More Growth to Come
As we near the conclusion of our $40 million expansion in April of 2015, we are looking to the future and further investments that will allow Reston Hospital Center to grow with our community.
We will soon begin a construction project that will relocate our lab to add a 16-bed observation unit. This $7 million project will create a dedicated unit for those patients under outpatient observation and allow emergency room beds to be available for more patients and decrease patient wait times.